March Around The World 2016 Challenge wrap up



So I decided to participate in a challenge over on Letterboxd, the March Around The World 2016 Challenge.
The rules were as follows:
The Challenge
Watch and review 30 feature films from 30 different countries in the month of March. No rewatches.
The rules
1. One film must be from the featured country: Iran.
2. Log & tag your films.
      Log them as you watch them.
      Use two tags: the film's country and "30 countries 2016".
3. Review the films
      Review each film before Apr 1st.
      If you logged without reviewing, remember to add the review by editing the logged entry in your Diary.

There were 64 participants with 16 finishing all of the challenge and an additional 6 logging 30 film but not getting the reviews in. My list was completed on 3/28 and could have keep going. Of the 30 films I logged, Edward Yang's 1983 debut That Day, On the Beach stood out as the best and has sent me down the Yang rabbit hole having subsequently watched 1985's Taipei Story and 1986's The Terrorizers. It was a fun change of pace and lead me to watch a few films that may never have hit my radar. I plan on participating next year and going for 40.

Comments

Popular Posts