My Week 8/24 - 8/30

Incident at Oglala - 1992 - Michael Apted

A fine documentary, if not a little dry, about the killing of two F.B.I. agents and the miscarriage of justice the followed.

Manie-Manie Meikyu Monogatari (Neo Toyko) - 1987 - RintaroYoshiaki Kawajiri, and Katsuhiro Ōtomo

Rewatched this anthology so it would be fresh in my mind when I listed to episode 67 of The George Sanders Show. Labyrinth is still the best section.

Tokyo Godfathers - 2003 - Satoshi Kon

Rewatched on the anniversary of Kon's death.

Ponyo - 2008 - Hayao Miyazaki

A very loose little mermaid adaptation; probably Miyazaki's weakest film.

Howl's Moving Castle - 2004 - Hayao Miyazaki

Had to rewatch this one before doing a ranked list of Miyazaki's films. It is fine but the CG is kind of bad.

Also horror film legend Wes Craven died at age 76. I am not a horror fan and Scream is the only one of his films I have seen but it is always sad to see someone so important to the industry pass.

Best of the week: Tokyo Godfathers - 2003 - Satoshi Kon


Comments

Popular Posts